Camp Y Knot is located in the village of Fairhope. Pa. Fairhope is a small railroad community located along the historic B & O Railroad. Fairhope is located in southwest Pennsylvania, and is part of Somerset County.
In 1881, Pittsburgh entrepreneurs established the North Savage Firebrick Works of Welsh, Palmer and Maxwell just outside of Fairhope. The company specialized in the manufacturing of red brick. The ruins of the brickyard remain standing today.
The B & O Railroad line through Fairhope continues to operate, however it has been absorbed in the CSX transportation. Train lovers visit Fairhope to observe trains coming in and out of Falls Cut Tunnel.